Saturday, January 28, 2006

We are cruising baby! Mom, Dad, Adam, Maury, Baby Abby, Karen, Bill, Caitie, Travis and I are going to Italy, Cyprus, Egypt & Greece at the end of April. Travis and are so excited! We can hardly stand it. What a dream! The one excursion I HAVE to take is the following. (I'll let the brochure speak for itself.) "A luxurious cruise boat awaits to take you on the same timeless waterway traversed by Pharaohs, Queens and Nobles thousands of years ago. Enjoy a sumptuous buffet lunch in elaborate surroundings as you glide past Cairo’s waterfront landmark. After the cruise drive to the Giza Plateau where the only remaining Wonder of the Ancient World, The Great Pyramids of Giza are found. A panoramic view of the three pyramids from the Western Plateau affords great opportunities for photographs, before your coach parks near the Pyramid of Chephren where time will be allocated to explore the site. Continue down the valley to visit the guardian of this complex, the mysterious Sphinx. Your next stop will be at a Papyrus Institute where the art of paper making from reeds will be demonstrated and there will be time for souvenir shopping before you return to Alexandria".
That is only one stop on this 11-day cruise. As you can tell by the time of this post, I am way excited! But enough for now...

5 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

Did you really post this at 6:38 a.m.? What are you doing up so early on a Saturday?! What a dream vacation. I will live vicariously through you. Hey, will you have access to a computer so you can give us daily updates?? You guys really deserve a good getaway.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

You're a travelling queen Collette. I'm excited for you. It will be fun to hear about your trip and to see your photos (they'll be blog worthy for sure). It's always great to have something to look forward to eh?

1:12 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I've been wondering about what trip you decided on. Sounds fabulous! I'm feeling the need to go sopmewhere before the baby comes. I picked up some travel guides for England today and B & N. I just can't seem to get my head away from that place--I even watched Shakespeare in Love last night to see Judi Dench's Elizabeth. I can't wait until you go so I can hear all about it!

3:48 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

I will try to be happy for you but it will be really hard because I am GREEN with envy! Someone might think I was the Grinch, I am so green! What an awesome trip!

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne Ryther says my heck! Have fun!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home