Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth

Thanks for kind words and phone calls! Travis had his eye surgery this week so that has been the focus for the past couple days. I felt that I could understand what working moms go through when they have a sick child. We woke up at 5AM and headed to the hospital for his 6 AM surgery. He had the routine blood work with an additional EKG. He went in to the operating room at about 7:45. A girlfriend (Kristin) happened to be there with her sister-in-law. That was nice to eat breakfast with Kristin while the other two were under the knife.

His surgery went very well but we won't know for 5-6 weeks if it is truly a success. We left the hospital at 11:30, picked up the prescriptions from the pharmacy and then went to my parents home in Provo. I got Trav settled and then jumped in the shower so I could make a training I had scheduled at 1PM. I was crazy tired, but the training was informative.

My folks watched a sleeping Trav until I got back at 5:00. I picked him up and took him home. By then, the effects of the anesthesia were wearing off. He stayed home today while I ran off to try to accomplish 8 hours of responsibilities into 4 hours because I had the 2nd 1/2 of the day in training.

We had no food to speak of in the house, so I grabbed a pizza on my way home. I was also out of gas and was sickened by the receipt of almost $40! We ate dinner and then I had to go out and replenish the cupboards and refrigerator so Trav doesn't starve tomorrow. Tonight, we did enjoy the finale of American Idol and I was able to finish an important project (shhhh...don't tell Jana).

So, now it is bedtime and I look forward to a good night sleep. Buenos noches!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Wow, that's a lot going on. I should have known you weren't missing just because you were still recovering from your trip. I hope Travis is doing well and recovers quickly, and I hope you can stay awake at Jana's party tonight long enough to tell us about your trip and how you're doing. Crazy.

7:31 AM  
Blogger jenn said...

That IS a crazy week! I hope things will slow down so you can rest and that Travis continues to get better!

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry -- I read this 2 days late. I can't believe that you even made it to the party. (I love that we make the priority list!!!)

Thanks for the fun presents from your trip. It was a great get together.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home