Thursday, April 13, 2006

What a bummer!!!

Ahh, how I love doctor appointments. I just love spending an hour in the waiting room before being seen. I really enjoy writing and re-writing my insurance information and all the details of my health history (which sadly is quite lengthy) especially having to re-do paperwork for doctors in the same clinic (no sharing of information). I am happy when I get to miss work (okay, that one may not be so sarcastic).

I had 2 appointments today - mostly to prepare for my big Mediterranean cruise. I saw the Orthopedic doc who specializes in feet. I have plantar fasctitis and needed another steroid injection in the arch of my left foot. My appointment in Provo was at 8:20 but didn't leave there until 9:50. I ran to my 10:00 appointment in Orem and was there until 12:30. This one was the Orthopedic doc specializing in the back. I have had chronic coccytis for 2 years! Yes, you read that right...2 YEARS!! I won't go into to many gory details but I did get a cortisone shot in the "you know where." Let's just say that I had to go to my "happy place" when I got this shot.

Prior to the shot, I had the fun experience of getting an x-ray. Without many details, I'd have to say that those stupid hospital gowns just don't stay shut. That poor technician...Again, I had to go to my "happy place" and just realize that healthcare professionals have seen it all! (Does anyone need me to spell out the details???)

So, that is my "bummer" of a morning. The rest of the day was a piece of cake!

3 Comments:

Blogger jenn said...

LOL- I am sorry to be laughing at your expense but the "bummer" day was described SO well! Sorry about doctor woes- I hope you feel better though! (And I am still so jealous of your cruise!!!)

7:27 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

I don't know how you do all of that medical stuff. I guess you have no choice and have gone through so much that you're used to it, but that would be a major struggle for me.

I'm impressed that you're taking care of business before your cruise, and I really hope the shot in your butt helps ease the pain you've been dealing with for so long.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, those gowns have to have been made by a man and a small one a that. They cover nothing. I hope that the shot does it's trick. I think the worst gown in the one in the OBGYN, the little paper vest. YUCK! But have fun on your cruise!!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home