Tuesday, April 18, 2006

My class has come to an end



















I have really enjoyed my Photoshop class. I have learned a lot. The above is a photo I had to restore. Don't look that close (Linda still looks a bit mangled), but I think it is better than the originally distressed photo. I am the little one - looking scared (as usual).

For my final project (due today), I had to create a 2-page website in Photoshop. It was so fun! I created a website called "Counting Countries." Adam and I have been comparing numbers of countries visited for many years so that is where the idea stemmed. I had a world map and pushpin icons to denote the countries in which I had visited. You selected the pushin and it would take you to the corresponding page about that country. I also super-imposed my face on an image I found on the internet. I will have to post that sometime. A lot of the cool stuff I learned came from just playing around in the program.

The class added to my already busy schedule, but I must say that I will miss it. I highly recommend for all my 30-something friends to take a college class for the heck of it! I guess you can either accept or deny the challenge - it is all up to you! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Nice work Collette, the picture is much improved. Apparently you were a funny baby too or was that picture taken after 10:30pm? Ha.

Are you going to use your website as a functioning site to track your travels? Can we see it?

I wouldn't mind taking a college class, but will you pay for it?

8:43 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Hey, pretty impressive work! I am jealous about the Photoshop class. I have the program and want to learn to use it, but it is so complex and it seems like it would be nice to take a class and have some hands-on experience like that.

You are too funny in that photo! In my family we call those terrified eyes. It looks like too old of a photo to have you in it as a baby.

Theoretically, I could take any class at BYU for free, but I can't imagine when I would have the time. Maybe someday.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Great job! The photo looks great! You are so funny in it. I have to say, though that your under 30 friends (namely ME) have been longing to take more college classes ever since graduation! Every fall I wish that I was about to start school. I even go so far as to look up the classes I would want to take if I were to enroll. So far I know I want to take Spanish classes, but those are five days a week, usually, and that just doesn't fit in with my schedule right now. Maybe when the kids are in school.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home