Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My 3-day Weekend


I LOVE 3-day weekends! My weekdays are pretty much shot with work and my weekends are typically filled with Primary, chores and the occasional movie. So, when a free Monday or Friday come around, I feel so free! The opportunities are endless!!!

So, what did I choose to do??? More chores! But for those who know (and hopefully love me for this trait), I chose to clean and organize. Saturday was spent on the house. We did go to a surprise birthday party for my brother-in-law on Saturday night which was fun.

Sunday was typical with meetings and home teachers. Monday, we slept in until 9AM (wow!!) and then went to IHOP for brunch. We then decided to clean the garage. The photo shows the final product. I must admit, we only spent about 1/2 hour so it wasn't all that dirty but we pulled out our summer furniture, swept and recycled papers. I love a clean garage. It makes me giddy! We also worked in the yard (my legs are killing me today from weeding). I gotta remember to bend my legs when I weed but I always think I am going to get one more weed...

We also got the car washed which needed it terribly bad. We did a few minor things in Provo/Orem and then relaxed during the evening.

All-in-all, it was a nice weekend! How was yours???

5 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

My garage is actually feeling shame and humiliation right now knowing that a sparkly garage like yours actually exists. That's amazing. It looks like a vacant garage. How inspiring.

I'm glad you had a good weekend, IHOP is always a treat.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Randy said you should white wash the garage to make it appear that much cleaner. (I agree because clearly you should have another big project if your garage can be that clean.) Ha.

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job, Collette. If you love clean garages, mine could use a good makeover. :)

I had a great weekend because my boys went to Fathers & Sons. I spent time in my upstairs digging it out. So fun!!!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Last night Jeremy spent a lot of time breaking down boxes and syrofoam from out mail order furniture purchases. Now we jsut have to fill our garbage and recycling with it and it will be gone! I love a clean garage and mine's been really buggin me for close to two months now. Your's is so pleasing. You should paint it. Go ahead and paint the floor too. Id' be like an extra room in your house!

7:45 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

Your garage looks awesome. Even if I worked in mine all day, it still wouldn't look as good as that! I agree, you should paint it, and then you'd really have a thing of beauty.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home