Monday, June 05, 2006

Stop me...Stop me now

Have you ever had one of those days where you just can't seem to stop? I had a good day at work, but busy nonetheless. Since Trav is gone, I decided to stay a little bit after 5:00 so I could look through the hundreds of photos from our cruise and organize a slideshow. So many of my co-workers wanted to see pictures, I reserved our meeting room for one-half hour on Wednesday. Anyway, I ended up stopping at 7:30ish when the security guard came around and wanted to verify I was who I said I was. Crazy! I never stay late. I just felt compelled to get this done. Plus, it was so satisfying to see all my cool photos!!!

Well, I came home and after eating re-heated mac & cheese (yum!), I decided that it was time to clean our shower. I must admit this is my least favorite chore and the cleaning supplies have been out since last week. So, after our shower got sparkling, I decided to scrub the bathroom floor. I still smell like bleach. It does look fabulous, though!! But, the interesting thing is that when you get down on the floor, you notice areas that need a wipe down so you go after that one smudge. But hey! There is one more, and another, and another. Get where I am going?

In addition to all that, I washed the kitchen and bathroom rugs and wiped down our garden tub. I flipped through "The Apprentice" finale just to see who won. All that after a very full day at work! Yes, I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan....

Side Note - have you ever heard "Open Up My Window" by Christopher Cross? I don't know why I like it so much, but I do. It just happens to be playing on my iTunes. I am going to attempt to get some shut-eye but I am a bit wired.

P.S. Welcome to the blog world Jana. You rock!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Collette it sounds like you've officially recovered from the sleep deprivation and jet lag of your trip and have now crossed over into the peppy and productive stage. I love it. I can totally relate to feeling like that (not today though) and love it when I get into manic cleaning frenzies like that. Good times. I don't know that song you're talking about, but I enjoy Christopher Cross and I'm not ashamed to admit that.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

That's a lot of cleaning. I love when I get in the groove...the grooves seem to be getting farther and farther apart.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

What?!!? You're amazing. I want to see your slide show. Want to bring it on Thursday?

9:51 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I love when I get on a roll like that! It usually happens when Jeremy's out of town or working late. Something about being a lone and feeling like I'm the master of my time really puts me in the mood to be ultra productive.

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the same kind of busy/productive day on Monday- LOVE days like that! I hope to be able to see your slideshow at some point as well. I really have liked all the pics on your countries blog.

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can honestly say that I have never cleaned the bathroom floor (or any floor for that matter) on my hands and knees. Although I do relate to the feeling of once you start a cleaning jag you just keep finding more and more things that need to be cleaned or wiped down, crazy how that happens.

3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home