Thursday, February 02, 2006

Ardeth Kapp came to our Stake Enrichment Night. I have always loved her. The topic was "Finding Peace Through Trials". She challenged us to get rid of the 3 Cs and 3 Ds and take up the 3 Ps.
Comparing, Competing, Complaining
Discouragement, Despair, Depression
Ponder, Pray and Prune
I appreciated her realness. She spoke of her inability to have children. She shared her own situation "not for sympathy but by way of testimony." I resonanted with that statement. She encouraged the women present to search out the reasons and lessons behind their trials. "You are better than you think you are" was oft quoted. She also stated that "self-depreciation is a sin."
Life is hard but as my mom always says, "you can do hard things." I am so glad I went tonight! I was one of the first people there because I wanted to sit front and center. It was a much needed spiritual feast.

3 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

Wow. If self-depreciation is a sin, I think I am in real trouble. That is an awful habit of mine. And I love what your mom says! You can do hard things. That's true, and worth keeping in mind. Thanks, Collette!

11:05 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I'm sorry I missed that (I forgot when it was), it would have been nice to go with you. Thanks for giving the report, I will write it down in my Sunday notebook and will try to reform. I'm obviously guilty of all those things so no wonder I get frustrated. I appreciate you blogging about this.

7:43 AM  
Blogger jenn said...

I love that! "You are better than you think you are!" I needed that! Thank you for sharing some wonderful morsels from your spiritual feast!

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home