Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A "Capitol" Day Four

We took a tour of the Capitol building this morning courtesy of Senator Bennett's office. The first picture shows a clear sky. Luckily, this morning was pretty clear although the afternoon and evening was filled with rain and flooding. Recordbreaking rain!!

The second photo is of me standing in the center of the "Crypt" which is the center of Washington DC. It was the plan to bury George Washington there but he, of course, was buried in Mt. Vernon.

The conference sessions were insightful. I learned how to handle "beasts" in the workplace and how to "lead with leavity." I was also reminded how important it is to recognize employees often and with meaning.

Tonight, we went to the SHRM concert, starring Gladys Knight. She is a beautiful woman! I don't really know her music but it was fun and entertaining.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I'm glad you had some clear skies for awhile. It's also great that you're able to do all these touristy things along with your classes. Good times.

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sounds like you are having a great time. Enjoy and take it all in.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

I met Glady Knight when Max was a little baby. She told me that my baby was precious and came straight from heaven. She is in Nate's parents' ward in Vegas, but she is never there when we are.

I'm glad that you're having fun.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Bond Girl 007 said...

OH cool! that is so awesme....so bad about the weather....met Gladys Knight in the temple of all places (if it is the one I am thinking of....) I was a temple worker and greeted her...wow how exciting trip and to learn--that is fantastic. ps. traveling is always so awesome, it takes you away!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

It sounds like you're having so much fun. Actually are you back yet? I'm a little behind things right now. Just trying to catch up. I'm so glad you could post from the road!

5:52 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

That photo of the Capitol building is AMAZING!!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home