Sunday, June 25, 2006

Day Two

We woke up really early this morning so we could drive to the Arlington Ward for Church. This was my mom's childhood ward. We past 2122 Hollister Street (see photo) which was my mom's house.

We got to church and met up with mom's best friend, Andrea. She also was able to see three other childhood friends. She was in her element!

Gospel Doctrine was taught by Senator Bob Bennett and we visited with Secretary Michael Leavitt and his wife. Also, I ran into a girl named Carol with whom I worked at FranklinCovey. Crazy small world!

After church, Mom and Robyn returned to the hotel and then enjoyed the National Gallery of Art. I headed off to the Conference for the keynote address by General Colin Powell. He is a funny man! He spoke of leadership, values and diversity. I have lots of notes which I am excited to review. I spent some time at the expo hall before returning to the hotel.

We then went to dinner in Georgetown at an Italian restaraunt called Paparazzi. I had lobster ravioli - delicious!! Right as we got in the car, lightning lit up the sky and we drove back to the hotel in a torrential rainstorm. Tomorrow is going to come quickly - until then...

5 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

How crazy that your gospel doctrine teacher was Bob Bennett, and that the Leavitts are in that ward. Weird.

I'm jealous that your mom and Robyn got to go to the National Gallery, what a treat for them.

What in the world kind of conference are you at and why? How cool that Colin Powell was the keynote speaker. I can't wait to read your notes.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Was your gospel doctrine class stuffed with people, or are they so used to seeing the Senator that it's just normal?

I'm glad that you're having fun and can't wait to hear more about your trip.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What funny coincidences in your mom's ward. Was Bro. Bennett a good teacher?

I want to listen to Colin Powell, I really like him. What fun.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Bond Girl 007 said...

ditto!

11:26 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Wow, sounds like a great Sunday! I'm jealous about the National Gallery, too.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home