Saturday, June 17, 2006

Poor Poor Miles

This is Miles the dog. He was born in 1992 while Trav was on his mission. His brother, Mickey, passed away earlier this year. So let's see, if he was born in 1992, that is 14 human years so that would make Miles 98 in dog years. He is so sad and seems so old since Mick died.

Miles lives with Ma & Gary (Trav's mom and step-father) in Delta. We went to Delta for a visit. We also visited with Uncle Rob and Gram and Gramps. We had a nice day, but I can't get poor Miles out of my mind.

I am usually not a dog lover, but my heart goes out to him. When Trav and I were dating and we visited Delta, I would sleep in the back bedroom on Mick and Miles bed. They didn't stay out of the room, so they ended up sleeping with me. It was a human bed, but these two have always been treated like children. If anyone knows me, they'd know that I am not a huge fan of animals nor do I ever want to have animals sleeping on my bed or even in the same room. When I told my Mom that I had slept with the dogs, she knew I must be in love (with Trav).

So, that is my dog story. He is cute though, isn't he??!! Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Hello...is this Collette's blog? What's going on? I guess we get to learn all sorts of fun facts by reading each others' blogs.

The bandana is cute on Miles. He does look a little sad. Dogs produce too much guilt in me, they're so needy.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

I have a hard time with sick animals. I become attached very fast, so I don't like to see them suffer.

I never even knew there was a Miles. Oh, the things we learn.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Bond Girl 007 said...

cute dog!

2:29 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

Collette, first of all I love the name Miles. I have a nephew with that name. Secondly, I don't blame you for not wanting to sleep with dogs. I used to think I love dogs. That was before we got one. Now I realize that I like other people's dogs but don't want one of my own. I don't want all the hair everywhere. I can't stand barking. I guess I'm not much of an animal lover either, because I would be just fine with never having a pet. Miles is cute though!

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Collette still sleeps with a dog...

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that I may be the only animal lover of the group and that's ok. Our dog is 70lbs and thinks he is a lap dog, we love him. Miles does look sad, how lonely he must be. When I first started reading your post, I thought Mickey was Trav's brother and how odd that he and the dog would sleep with you when you were visiting, I had to go back and reread that again. That is a really cute picture.

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home