Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Fun Evening with old friends





Travis and I had the pleasure of meeting up with some old friends this evening. (L - R Deb, Me, Jennifer). We worked together at good ol' FranklinCovey back in the day. Actually, Deb originally hired me in 1999. I still remember the interview! If I remember right, Jennifer worked in another division and shortly after Deb left, she came over to work in my division. Good times.

We enjoyed a delicious meal at PF Changs, but most importantly, we had a great time catching up. It wasn't just us girls though. We were joined by our incredible husbands (Trav, Eric and Ted). I love meeting up with friends, especially with friends whom I haven't seen for quite some time. No lags in conversation - it was just as if no time had past.

It got me thinking about how important friendships are in my life. I have been tremendously blessed with people in my life who inspire, love, support and encourage me. Friends whom, when I see them again, make me want to be a better person.

To all my friends, I say again, "thank you!"

7 Comments:

Blogger Jana said...

I love seeing all of the people that you know. You have wide and diverse groups of friends and acquaintances. I'm glad that you had fun.

9:59 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Hang on a second. How long did you work for FranklinCovey? Did you and Jill overlap times working there? Just curious.

Aren't old friends wonderful? I love it when you can re-connect with a friend after a time lapse and it's as if nothing has changed. It's cool that you all enjoy each other as couples, too. I think couple friends are very hard to find.

10:56 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

I forgot to mention that you are quite photogenic. You look great in that pic. I wish I had that trait!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Collette, how funny! Deb and Eric are in my ward. (I didn't know she worked at Covey) I live a few houses up the street from them and Eric is our Home Teacher. It was funny seeing people I know in pictures on your blog. What a small world! I'm glad you had a good time.

10:20 AM  
Blogger collette said...

To answer Michelle, I worked at FC from 1999-2003. Jill and I have talked about this but I don't think we overlapped. If we did, it was for only a short time and we didn't know one another.

Thanks for the compliment Michelle!!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love catching up with old friends and I love knowing that even though we may have lost touch we can reconnect as if no time has passed. What a fun dinner you had. I agree with Michelle, couple friends are hard to find, so enjoy.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Collette you look beautiful in those pictures, wow. How fun to get together with your old friends. That's funny that Julie knows them too. Crazy business. We didn't overlap at Covey, I worked there from 1996-1998.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home