Friday, June 09, 2006

NAME THAT FILM

Mr. Darcy: "You must know, surely you must know it was all for you..."If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you would silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I would have to tell you, you have bewitched me, body and soul and I love love love you and I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.

Final Scene:
Elizabeth: You can only call my Mrs. Darcy when you are completely and perfectly and incandescently happy.
Mr. Darcy: Then, how are you this beautiful evening...Mrs. Darcy? (Kisses her forehead) Mrs. Darcy (kisses right cheek). Mrs. Darcy (kisses her left cheek). Mrs. Darcy (kisses her chin). Mrs Darcy (FINALLY kisses her lips).

I so needed a break from my busy, exhausting day of work. How I love this story and this newest screen version had the power to pull at my heartstrings. Oh, Ms. Austen, you've done it again!

11 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I literally just finished watching that movie 5 minutes ago! I love the ending, and pretty much everything Mr. Darcy says after he's figured out that he loves her. I told Randy to take notes, ha.

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading your and Jill's blogs, I need to watch this movie and catch the fever.

3:22 AM  
Blogger Bond Girl 007 said...

wow amazing!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

I just read Jill's blog...I guess I need to go get this movie...

11:17 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

oh my gosh. When he says the line about how he has bewitched him body and soul... You could wipe me up off of the floor. I think I better buy this one.

9:47 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

I don't want to comment because although I liked so much of the movie, the ending was too much for me!! Sorry!

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my favorite books and movies!

Now I just want to see you act it out.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I just read, and now have a hankering to watch Persuasion by Jane Austen. I just love movie adaptations of her books. I've yet to see one that I don't love!

I was surprised to see this newest version is already marked down to 14.99 at Target the other day. Since it's taking me so long to get through my Netflix queue maybe I should just go buy it. I've only heard good things. Maybe I could have a Pride and Prejudice marathon while Jeremy's away.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

PS--I like your new look!

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it sucked

3:59 PM  
Blogger Bexrex said...

It's "Alien", the sci-fi blockbuster that tore up screens across America back in 1979. I particularly like the scene where Mr. Darcy hides in the bowels of the spaceship Nostromo ready to pounce on anyone would would make him speak in public!

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home