Monday, July 03, 2006

What happened next?

Day Five - The conference ended. It stopped raining (finally!) so we walked the "Mall" and saw the new WWII and Korean War monuments. We went to dinner at the famous Watergate. I stood up from a delicious meal and sprained my back. Sadly, I don't have a better story for the injury. I hobbled across the street to the Kennedy Center where we watched "Little Women" starring Maureen McGovern. Although the pain was pretty bad, it was a wonderful production.

Day Six - We packed up in the morning. Actually, my mom and sister packed up my things. We had planned to visit Mt. Vernon (George Washington's home) but I was skeptical about my ability to traverse the property. My little sister would not let my injury keep us down so she got a wheelchair for me and pushed me all around Mt. Vernon. We still had a long flight home which was oh so not fun for me and got home about 1:00 AM.

I saw the chiropractor on Friday and it helped a bit but I stayed fairly flat on my back the rest of the day and through the weekend. I went to work today but grimaced for the most part. I am ready to go to bed and am so glad I have tomorrow off.

By the way, I feel kind of guilty regarding my previous post. I did talk with Bill Rancic at the conference and we did talk about Utah, but he did not offer me a job or anything of the like. I thought it was clear that I was joking, but Travis said that it wasn't. For all those who thought he had, I am flattered that you thought it was even possible. :)

Happy 4th of July everyone!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

How do you sprain your back just standing up? You poor girl, how do these things always happen to you? I'm so glad your mom and sister were there to help you (can you imagine if you were there alone?).

I hope you're able to rest and recover on your day off. Do you need reading material? Maybe I could bring you something and pounce on your bed roughly so that you can grimace in pain. (What was I thinking?)

11:11 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

I've often felt like I've "sprained" my tail bone from sitting and standing...but your back? How awful!

I'm glad that Bill didn't really offer you a job, because of course you would have to take it. Maybe in another life. :)

11:49 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

Just a word of advice....don't take a hot bath and then rub Icy Hot on your back!!!! I hope it gets better soon!

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your back, I hope your back to your old self again soon.

12:55 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

I'm glad you're home safe and sound. I imagine that plane trip was really no fun with your back pain. I can hardly stand it even when I'm in good shape! I'm hoping that your day off and some R&R did the trick.

I'm glad Bill didn't offer you a job, too! We'd be missing a crucial member of our perfect book club...

1:36 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

I totally believed Bill could offer you a job! You're amazing! And I really like him- so fun you met him!

SO sorry about your back!

I am still laughing that you were on the same flight as Angela!! It was fun to talk to you and hear a little about your trip! When are we getting together to hear more? Now you have to do cruise AND wash. dc!!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I got the joke.

I'm so sorry about your back! How in the world did that happen? It was sweet of your sister to push you around in a wheel chair, though. I loved Mt Vernon when Jeremy and I went to DC a few years ago. But I seriously can't imagine having to endure a plane ride home in such a condition. I hope you're feeling better--that your day off was very restorative.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home