Friday, February 03, 2006

What are my favorites?

I have been thinking about this quite a bit lately. I have reviewed my life and have come to the conclusion that I have been way too ambivalent about many things. A distinct memory is when I spent time at Joanie's house as a kid. When she'd ask me what I wanted to eat, I'd say "whatever you are having." That is the type of thing I am talking about. What if I really wanted french toast? Would I ever say? I am sure I was trying to be polite (although she teases me about this type of thing even today). Does this come from being a 3rd child? I am not saying this is a necessarily bad trait, but as I turn the magic 35 (not so sure if it is magic) I think STOP...Express your opinion and say what you want! So the following is what I like:

Favorite Color: Crimson Red
Favorite Foods: Sandwiches, Jenn's Fondue, Amy's butterscotch cookies, and Jenn's "Never on Sunday" Sundae
Favorite Books: Historical Fiction with a little romance thrown in for good measure
Favorite Car: Ok - this one is kind of hard BUT, Trav has been talking about Jags for so long, that I'd say that Crimson Red Jag at Doug Smith Auto is looking pretty great (He never reads this anyway, so don't tell him)
Favorite Book: To Kill a Mockingbird

The following are favorites that I am determined to discover...
Favorite Restaurant:
Favorite All-time Movie:

From this day forward, I vow to ponder my likes and dislikes and proudly state those preferences when asked. So, what are some of your favorites??

5 Comments:

Blogger jenn said...

My mom loves the movie Runaway Bride for this exact reason- she was suppose to go find out how she like her eggs instead of liking what the man in her life did. So, share those opinions! My favorites include dessert, red and gingham. (That is the SHORT list!)

12:25 PM  
Blogger collette said...

I was totally thinking of the egg scene in Runaway Bride when I was writing this. How funny!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Will I get pensive when I turn the magical 35 too? Should we warn Michelle since she's next? Ha. Good questions Collette--I have to think about it some more before I commit to my answers (apparently I don't know the answers).

11:23 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Hmmm... I have to give this some more thought. Perhaps this will be the subject of one of my upcoming posts! I love the introspection and I had no idea that crimson red was your favorite color!

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

favorite burger: In-n-out

favorite restaurant: Cheesecake factory

favorite color: I like too many

favorite book: any Jimmy Buffett novel (he just makes me smile)

favorite movie: Fried Green Tomatoes

favorite car: that's a tough one, BMW X5, old convertible bug, 67 convertible mustang or an 80's era Jeep CJ7

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home