Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Quick Update

Just wanted to give a quick update on our Gram. She is scheduled for surgery on Friday. She has an infection so she needs a few days of antibiotics to make it as safe as possible. Looks like she'll need a valve replacement. I have been to the hospital each evening and she looks better than she has the past few days.

Hmmm...Travis is on a road trip to Portland. He'll be gone until Friday afternoon. I always think I am going to get tons of stuff done, but not so much today. I had my Photoshop class until 6PM and then went to the hospital until 8PM. I then had to get gas and a few groceries so I didn't get home until 9PM. I then had to do a load of laundry so I have something to wear tomorrow. It has been a long day.

Just one random thought. I used to tape Dr. Phil but I just can't watch his show much any more. I think it is because I am sick and tired of whinny people. There are just more important things in life than "dealing with annoying people" or "I'm a B*^%ch and I am proud of it." Whaaa!! Just thought I'd throw that out there.

**What kinds of shows are annoying to you? Any good ones I should be aware of??**

5 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

Court shows! As in, Judge Judy and the like. Can't stomach them. Also Jerry Springer. Is that show still on? I haven't even come across it in years, but it still gives me a shudder. I'm going out on a limb here and saying that most shows on HGTV bug me. (Don't hate me, people!) I think it has something to do with the hosts and their voices...

11:19 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I have never been able to watch Dr. Phil's show. I loved him when he used to have a day on Oprah, but something about his own show and the huge dose of him and the losers who go on there was too much for me. In general I like what he has to say, but I'll have to read his books if I want to hear it because I can't stomach the show at all.

I've stopped watching Oprah this year too, I used to be a huge fan of hers and felt like her show was like a good class or something, but one day I just felt "done" with it all. My magazine subscription ran out in December and I didn't care about renewing either. I couldn't deal with the conflict of her telling us to live our best lives and to love our bodies, and then to still be promoting ridiculously expensive things and skinny fashions--it was too much of a contradiction for me and I ended up feeling annoyed as I flipped through the pages. It's a bummer though, because I used to love her magazine.

10:39 AM  
Blogger jenn said...

I am SO glad you checked in Collette! I've been worried about you! I'm glad to hear Travis's grandma is looking better, I hope her surgery goes well on Friday!! Let us know if we can help! Love you!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I'm glad everything is looking up. Keep us posted.

I'm with Jill on Oprah. I just can't watch it anymore. I still TiVo it every day so in case there's something I want to see I can watch, like an interview with somebody I like. Even though are sometimes hard to stomach. I haven't watched an episode in over 2 weeks, and I haven't missed it a bit. I also never buy her magazine anymore.

I also have to agree with Michelle's show choices. Those shows are terrible. I feel like they're around to remind us that our lives are great, but who really needs to be dragged through the (make believe, can those show's really be for real?) dregs of humanity for that reminder?

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't stand the majority of daytime TV, in fact in the morning I'm usually catching up with TIVO. Morning TV brings out the worst in people, I see too much of that in life to bring it into my home too. I do like Ellen in small doses, she happy and light and funny.

1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home