Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Whew!

What a day! Work was work (genius)! After work, I ran to the hospital. Gram had requested I bring her a hair pick. I bought a couple and ran that by. I wasn't planning on spending too much time there because I had my homework still left to complete. I ended up staying until 7:15. I actually spelled Gramps so he could go back to Delta to do laundry and shower, etc. It was really a blessing because it was just Gram and me. We had such a good talk and it did my heart good. She feels better (emotionally) today. She realized that she doesn't need to make amends because she "has done it all her life!" I really appreciated that! We also talked about Trav and how she knew I was the one the day she and Trav had lunch just prior to Trav's and my first date. It was a sweet two + hours. It was two hours I will forever cherish.

Well, I ran home and was worried that my photoshop homework was going to take all night. The last assignment proved difficult for me and I spent a lot of time on the assignment although the result didn't show it. I was pleasantly surprised that it went so fast tonight. I have really enjoyed my iTunes lately. I just turn it on and rock while I photoshop!

I am ready to call it a night. It seems that I only ever have time to blog right before bedtime. I do want to read a bit tonight so I can finish my book and start "The Known World".

5 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

That's so great that you got to have some one-on-one time with Gram. She's sounds like such a sweet lady. Isn't cool that you had a blog to document your visit with her? Perhaps you keep a journal too, but I always think I'll write something down so I'll remember it, but then I don't and it's lost forever. I'm just loving that we can save it instantly in the blog, plus get feedback too.

8:58 AM  
Blogger jenn said...

What a sweet experience! And I'd love to see you "rocking" to your itunes!! :)

10:31 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I just love grandparents. I had a very close relationship with my Grandpa Temple (Mom's Dad). I would visit him often while I was in school, and he would share things about his past with me that he never told to anyone. I also love Jeremy's Grandparents. They are so sweet. I just love sitting and talking to them. They have experienced so much. I think they are as grateful to have somebody listen to them as I am to have to opportunity to be the listener.

1:12 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

There's nothing quite like grandparents! I'm glad you had some alone time with Gran -- that is precious. I treasure the time I've spent with my grandparents and the conversations we've had.

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will cherish the time that you spent with Gram. I had the opportunity to visit with my husband's Grandma when she was still alive and I have loved those memories. No other sister in-law took that opportunity and it was their loss. What a privilege (sp) for me.

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home