Sunday, March 19, 2006

Great Day...Long Night

Saturday was a great day for me. Trav and I checked off one of our spring projects. To say that we are not very handy around the house is an understatement. So, it was a big deal for us to replace our shower head...by ourselves! It took two trips to BJ's Plumbing Supply, but we did it. We love it! Taking a shower now feels like we are in a luxury hotel (well, not really, but it is pretty great). We took Trav's truck in but some mix-up left us with only the LOF complete but not the rotors fixed as we requested. That will have to be done on Monday.

After our Saturday chores and our sweet success with the shower head, I met my sister Linda, my niece Karina, and their friend Lisa at the mall. We had fun shopping and I found a few "necessities" for our cruise. Okay, so I didn't NEED the cute sweat outfit or cargo capris, but they will be a nice addition to my cruise wardrobe. It was fun hanging with my sis and cool niece.

I come home just in time to pick-up Travis and we headed to the theatre and saw "Failure to Launch." After some bad reviews, and two thumbs down from Ebert and Roper, we weren't expecting much. We were pleasantly surprised. We cracked up! The acting wasn't stellar and I could have done without seeing Terry Bradshaw's bare backside, but it was really funny.

After the movie, I turned my cell phone on and saw that my mother-in-law had called us at about 8:20PM. This was a bad sign because she is usually in bed by 7PM. We got home and there were 5 messages from Ma. By this time, it was 9:45PM. We called Ma and she told us that Trav's grandma had had a heartattack and that she was being taken to UVRMC in Provo. We rushed down to the hospital where we met Gramps, Eileen & Suzanne, Betty & Kent and Rob. Gram was having a tough time but she was stable. Whatever they gave her at the hospital in Delta had helped disinegrate the clot but she did have extensive heart damage - still not sure to what extent. It was so heartwrenching to see Gramps struggle as his wife of over 55 years was suffering.

It was a late, late night so we didn't make it to church this morning. We are going to the hospital in a bit. I have been thinking about Trav's family and I am so grateful I married into this family. They are all pretty great and I love to see how they all pull together. In true "Gram" fashion, she had baked some pies earlier yesterday and invited some people over to eat although she never tasted them (she was feeling nauseous and dizzy, but without chest pain most of the day). What a lady!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Wow, that's quite a weekend Collette. I hope Travis' grandma heals quickly and that his grandpa isn't too upset. Those hospital moments are so emotionally draining and scary.

I'm glad you had a good day (other than the hospital adventure). I was worried about how sick you were at Michelle's birthday dinner the other night and feared you were still in bed praying for the misery to end. It appears that wasn't the case at all.

3:04 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Glad to hear you're alright! I was worried about you after Thursday night but didn't want to be a pest if you were stuck in bed with the shades drawn. Sounds like you guys had a pretty great day yesterday until the sadness of last night. I hope all is well today.

3:54 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

I am so happy to hear your are feeling okay! And what fun to shop with the girls! I always shop with the kids- so not fun! I am sorry about Travis's grandma, I hope she continues to recover. Tell Travis I am sorry and let me know if I can do anything for you guys! You deserved to sleep in today- glad you could rest!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

What a terrible end to such an otherwise great day! I was thinking about you a lot this weekend--hoping you were feeling better, etc. Now I know I should have called to see if everything was ok. I hope Travis's grandma will be ok.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home