Saturday, July 29, 2006

Absence makes the heart grow fonder??

I wouldn't be surprised if no one reads this. I have been a blog slacker lately. It is just that things have been fairly crazy around here. Here is the update:

July 13 through 19 - I packed up a suitcase and went to spend time with my grandmother in Provo. My grandma is living with my folks right now and my folks went to Montana to be with my niece who was getting baptized. I didn't think it would be a big deal to do this, but it turned out that it was. I worked all day and then came home to make dinner and take care of some of the remodeling business that was also going on at the house. The third day brought my niece to stay with me at the house. I also had my nephew at the house and he would wake me up in the middle of the night when he returned home from his job on a film site. I spent quite a bit of time cleaning up after the contractors because I really wanted the house to be in good shape for my folks. For some reason, it was just emotionally and physically exhausting.

On Tuesday night, I sat on the porch and cried from 9-10:30 PM. Poor Trav, he couldn't figure out what in the world was wrong with me. All I can say is that I felt this huge range of emotions and had this tape going on in my head that I just couldn't shut off.

July 20th - I came home (parents were back) to a voicemail message from our Bishop. It had been left at 9:36 the night before (during my crying time). Anyway, we went to meet with the Bishop and I was called as Relief Society President. Strangely, all my negative feelings were gone in an instant and I felt calm and peaceful. I had the good fortune of having Book Club that night which was a much needed outlet.

July 21st - We went to the temple
July 23rd - Sustained
July 23-28th - Pretty busy figuring out what I am supposed to do! Oh - did I mention that I haven't been released from the Primary presidency yet? I have had to move forward on putting together the Stake Baptism on the 5th.

July 27th - Had another fortuitous moment when I got home as Jill called. I had an open hour before visiting teaching so she ran over and we went to Cafe Rio! It was so loverlee!!! She had a thoughtful gift for me. She brought me a copy of Ardeth Kapp's (who I love) book called "Lead, Guide and Walk Beside." I am so excited to read it. I felt so loved! Jill, you are a dear dear friend!

So, that is about it in a nutshell. Thoughts???

6 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I've been thinking about you all week and wondering how you're doing with your new calling and on the responsibilities that will come with it. I KNOW you will be great at it, I just hope you know that and will feel at peace with everything. You can't have too many sleepless nights or your body will revolt.

I was so delighted that you were available for that hour the other night for dinner and a chat. I think it was meant to be.

1:57 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

Spontaneous fun is always so enjoyable! I have been on the receiving side of that many more times than giving! Glad you and Jill got to go out!

You really will be a great RS president! But smack that bishop and get him to release you from Primary now!! Let us know how we can help!

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BLess your heart, your plate has been full. I'm so excited for your new opportunity in RS, I loved being in the pres., I grew to know all those women and love them all and still want to strangle some of them. That calling was as much for me as for them, I have never born my testimony more. I am also in dual callings at the moment: ward libarian ( i'm tearing it apart and rebuilding a working library) and 1st councelor in Stake Prim. Pres....so far so good.

2:18 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

I can't believe you haven't been released from primary yet! Holy cow. I'm so glad your anxiety was lessened when you got your call -- that tells me it was inspired for sure!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

You are going to be an incredible Relief Society President. You are such a talented, compassionate, organized, thoughtful person.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Collette, you are going to be so great. If ever there was somebody who knows how to be sensitive to others it's you. I hope by now you've been released from your Primary calling. That's simply too much responsibility.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home