Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Onward and Upward!!

So, has the sluggishness gone? I think so. I realized that I knew how to get past the sluggishness, it is the doing that sometimes is the hardest part. I thought long and hard about my sluggishness on Sunday and felt inspired to change my attitude. Our church time has changed to 1:00 PM. I love going to church late. I can wake up whenever and then I feel more inspired to read and listen to soothing/religious music. I feel so much more prepared to go to church ready to learn and serve. I had a great day on Sunday.

I have been reading Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. It has caused me to do research on Chinese traditions which I am finding so fascinating. I am really looking forward to our book club discussion.

We saw Pirates on Monday night. Same reaction as Superman. We weren't terribly impressed. Definately liked the first one the best.

Starting tomorrow, I am staying at my parents home to be with my grandmother and a nephew. I am looking forward to spending some time with my grandma. She is a pretty neat lady. My nephew, Brad, is working as a Grip for a movie called Together Again for the First Time starring Julia Duffy and David Ogden Stiers. He is so into filmography. He is 15 years old and this is the second film he has worked on. This gives him great experience!

Brad's sister, Karina, is coming on Saturday for a sports camp. I am looking forward to having her stay with me at the house.

That is about it for now...

6 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I've been concerned about you and wondering if you were getting sick or something. You disappeared from blogs all together and didn't sound like yourself. I'm so glad you had a good Sunday and had time to reflect and give yourself an attitude adjustment. We all need to do that sometimes.

I can't believe you guys didn't enjoy Pirates. You're starting to sound like my parents...and that's not good.

10:51 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

Oh good- you're okay. If you didn't post today, I was going to have to call again! Enjoy the time with your grandma and other family- I'm looking forward to our get together next week!

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're back! I always miss your posts but I can understand the sluggish feeling. I like the afternoon church too, the best part is not waking up to an alarm clock. Glad the fog is lifting.

6:18 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

I was beginning to worry about you -- so glad you're emerging from the sluggishness. I'm impressed that you found your way out and did what you needed to do. I can't believe you didn't like Pirates -- I loved it! Looking forward to seeing you soon.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

I'm glad your sluggishness is gone. I also like later church for the same reason.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

I feel so out of the loop. It's good to hear from you. It will be fun to see you tomorrow.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home