Saturday, July 08, 2006

Sluggishness

I am going to just admit it - I have felt like a slug for too long now. I honestly think that the traveling and the bad back has knocked me on my keister. I have not felt compelled to do much of anything outside of my work. I have totally relaxed in my scripture reading which I think contributes to my sluggish feeling.

Our stake will be reorganized next Sunday. Both Trav and I are totally okay with any changes that will or won't be made to our ward. I do like change so I haven't fought that melancholy feeling that is permeating the neighborhood. I have been thinking that it would be okay to be released from Primary. Is that horrible to say? Sometimes, I just feel like a fish out of water with no children of my own. There are a few in Primary that don't have children but they are all still quite young (not to discount what they may be feeling).

We did have a Primary activity this morning and it really turned out pretty fun! We had water games, a fishing pond, and the children brought their bikes or scooters, decorated them and then we had a parade at the end. Top it all off with popsicles. The kids loved it and I was glad I found joy in the event. It made me feel a bit guilty about the sentiments discussed above.

I just finished "Ahab's Wife" by Sena Jeter Naslund. It was 688 pages but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have to reread "Wicked" and then read "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" for RBC.

Trav and I tried to get tickets for "Pirates" but we were way too late for this weekend. We have tickets for Monday night. I think we may run out and see "Superman" today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AMY (yesterday) AND JILL (tomorrow)!!!!!!!!!


UPDATE: We just got back from seeing "Superman". I fell asleep and thought it was kind of boring. I was thinking it was this sluggishness, but Trav felt the same way. So, for what it is worth...2 out of 5 stars from us.

5 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

I totally relate to the sluggishness...maybe there is something in the air! I keep thinking it is summer - why do I want a nap! Like now I am sitting at the computer when I am less the 24 hrs from company arriving!

Hope you get feeling better soon! Share the secret if you get a sudden burst of ambition.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I hate it when I feel like that. The entire first week home from camp was like that for me and it was awful. I hope you can snap out of it soon, whether it be stress, sleep, food, or spiritually related; hopefully something will change for the better.

I'm so sorry I didn't call you to go to Amy's last night. I thought about it, but didn't want to disturb your Friday night with Travis. Apparently I should have let you make that choice. I'm sorry, that would have been fun.

5:55 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

I am trying to get over the two stars for Superman... please chalk it up to sluggishness because I LOVED it (thinking of theme song and goosebumps!). Pirates was gruesome but enjoyable- don't sit too close! It is not terrible to be okay with being released from Primary- can't wait to hear about all the changes! Good to read your post again!

8:38 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Sorry about the sluggishness - I hate that feeling, and am all too familiar with it. I loved Ahab's Wife. I read it the first time I went to Nantucket, and it was so fun to read about so many of the places I was seeing! Too bad about Superman -- sorry, Jenn, but I haven't heard too much good about it. Maybe I would like it since my expectations are low.

I'm glad you're feeling ok about the stake reorganization. I tend to feel sad when that happens, because I know there will be people I like that I no longer see anymore (so stupid). Yes, it's ok to feel like you're ready to be released from primary!

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I have never commented before, but I do keep track of you. I didn't know that I had to respond. But here it goes.

I hope your sluggishness leaves you soon. I'm a bit tired after our trip too. However, hosting a family reunion a week later doesn't leave for much sluggishness. Maybe you should host a family reunion too! Love ya!

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home