Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Catching up!

My sister, Robyn, emailed me today and said that her heart had grown fond enough and she wanted me to update my blog. So, here it goes!

My good friend from college paid me a visit this past weekend. April and I were in the Relief Society Presidency during our Freshman year at BYU. The association goes further back, though. My mother and her father knew each other from way back when. It was a fluke that April and I were in the same ward. We became fast friends and have kept in touch ever since. I was honored to be a bridesmaid for her wedding back in 1991.

I was in charge of our Department Summer Party. It was a lot of work and I was exhausted after the event but I think it was worth it. We had a great turnout. We had BBQ, water balloons and prizes so all were happy.

We have hit the gym two days in a row. Yes, we are getting back to a routine. My triceps are killing me after tonight's workout. That is good, right???

I am getting in the swing of my new RS calling. I have absolutely the best counselors and secretary. I feel blessed to be working with such great ladies. I taught the lesson on the 6th. I think it went well. I keep hearing people talk about certain things from the lesson so I think that is a good thing.

I helped my folks move my grandmother out of her home and more permanently with them at their home. It was hard work but it felt very cleansing. I love throwing things away!!

Trav and I (along with a few friends from work) are going to the Def Leppard and Journey concert tomorrow night. Back to the 80's!!!

I guess the rest of my life is Blah, Blah, Blah. So, I will attempt to do better keeping up with this blog.

***I have tried to upload some pics but to no avail. What is up with that!!!***

6 Comments:

Blogger jenn said...

Hello sweet friend!! Every time I check your blog and there isn't an update, I wonder how you are doing and if your calling is killing you! I know you're great at it and I bet your lesson was fabulous! But I still worry about you and all that is now required of you! Know that I am thinking of you and if you need anything, please call me! (Don't you dare feed me the "you're busy, you have five kids" line!! I want to help!!)

8:42 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Wow, you're busy. I'm glad your sister encouraged you to blog again, I was missing you too.

I keep thinking about you and your new calling and am so relieved that your counselors are so good. I'm sure your lesson was wonderful, the women of your ward are lucky to have you as their guide and example.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's about time! Just kidding. I know you will do great as RS President. You were great when you were it in our college ward.

10:02 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

Hooray to your sister for encouraging you to update your blog! My heart had grown fond enough too. :)

I keep thinking about you and wondering how you're doing and if your load is heavy. It's a huge job, but I think you're a good woman to do it. So glad you have good counselors, that makes all the difference.

Hope the concert was a blast!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

I don't even know what working out is anymore. Your triceps must look fabulous after that great burn.

You are probably the best RS President that ward has ever had. I'm sure that your life just seems so busy, though.

I can't wait to hear about the concert. I would have really liked to have been there.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Hey Coco!

This is your slacker sister here! I have actually been checking out your blog (I even have your address on a post it on my computer). I'm thinking of doing a blog myself...I was just looking into the safety and privacy issues. Anyway, I enjoy seeing what you're up to...can't wait for you to come visit us in Colorado! Hey, how are Trav's eyes? The kids are always praying for his eyes to "feel better" and I wanted to give them an update! Love ya sis!

Linda

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home