Saturday, August 19, 2006

Rock on!!

This was our group at the Def Leppard/Journey concert at the USANA Ampitheter on Wednesday night. Travis works with Mark (black t-shirt) and Joel (Hawaiian shirt). We had a blast! A bunch of middle-aged Utah County Mormons!!!

Journey was first and they played for about 1 1/2 hours. Steve Perry is no longer the lead singer so we were expecting the back-up. But, the back-up wasn't there so we got the back-up to the back-up. They were still pretty good.

Def Leppard was next and they rocked!! They sound just the same as the '80's. They started with "Let's get Rocked" and enchored with "Pour Some Sugar on Me" and "Love Bites."

The place was packed so we had to wait about an hour before we could leave the parking lot. We got home about 1 AM. Travis, Mark and Joel had to get up at 4AM because they had a presentation in SLC. Needless to say, we are just barely feeling normal again. My voice was hoarse the next day and I had a sore throat from yelling, but what fun!!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Concerts are so fun, I haven't been to one in several years though. It cracks me up that you guys go to so many concerts and that they range from Barry Manilow and Neil Diamond to Def Leopard and Journey! Apparently you guys are well rounded. (I like all of that music too, I just don't go to concerts much I guess.)

That's a very cute photo of you and your friends (though the Hawaiian shirt guy doesn't look too keen on having his picture taken). I'm glad you had fun.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

I am so jealous. That would have been such a fun concert. Def Leopard was always one of my favorites.

9:51 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Too funny! I love the picture of you guys. I have been to very few concerts in my life, but I have really enjoyed them all. I'm glad you guys had a great time. I still can't get over you all rockin' out to Pour Some Sugar on Me... when I hear that in the car every now and then I have to do a little head-banging. My boys just shake their heads.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home