Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Happy birthday Mom...I love you!

Today is my Mom's birthday. She left just yesterday and flew to London with my oldest sister, Jennie. We celebrated last week but it just isn't the same, not having her here to wish her "happy birthday." My mom is pretty cool. I remember coming home from school and finding her (most likely) in the kitchen. I'd drop my backpack on the floor and we'd talk. Although I have four sisters, I never felt like I had to compete for her time. She always seemed to be able to make me feel like I mattered the most.

This photo is circa 1974. Isn't that a riot! I am the little girl in the striped shirt in between my Mom and Dad. Mom always had great fashion sense.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Classic photo Collette, you've got so many "great" fashion photos from your childhood, it cracks me up.

I hope your mom had a great birthday too, she's a great mom (and a great reader!). No doubt she's happy if she's on her way to London, what a memorable birthday for her.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

What nice words about your Mom! So sorry that she's not here on her birthday. But I'm sure she's having a great time with your sister in London--and looking forward to her trip with you as well.

12:24 PM  
Blogger everything pink! said...

what nice and wonderful things to be able to say about your mom.
count your blessings!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home