Saturday, March 11, 2006

Sweet Success!


The goal for today was to "spring clean" the kitchen. I spent about 5 hours total in the kitchen. I pulled everything from the cupboards and drawers. I cleaned EVERYTHING. I think having our uninvited furry friend around for a few days prior to his timely demise, I wanted to feel like everything was sanitized. Besides the cleaning part, I wanted to go through all the kitchen accoutrements and figure out what we don't use. I now have a huge pile for DI or yard sale. I am exhausted but it was so worth it.

When I told my mom that I had spent all day in the kitchen, she asked "your kitchen?" You see, it doesn't look all that different nor was it dirty to the naked eye, but I certainly can tell and I am tickled pink. I am ready to have some hot cocoa and put up my feet. Oh - I even used my new photoshop skills to remove the camera flash from the refrigerator. Sweet!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

Thank you for taking before and after pictures! So nice to get the full visual. Thank you also for using the word accoutrements -- one of my favorites! I also cannot imagine you spending 5 hours cleaning your kitchen. MY kitchen, yes. YOUR kitchen, not really. But oh so satisfying.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I love the photos! It's so fun to be able to see these details of your life. I love a good spring cleaning, and it looks like you really did it to the max. Impressive for sure.

9:05 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

Did you want to do my kitchen now? Love the photos, the thought of a clean cupboard, and that you used your photoshop skills! Great Job!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

There is nothing more pleasing around the house than a room that is clean and perfectly organized, purged of the clutter and then reassmbled. It gives such a sense of well being!

Good work on the photos, too. Isn't photshop so much fun?

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what in the heck was your husband doing? Watching basketball all day? Oh, never mind... pretned like I didn;t say that-

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the before and after photos. What a great sense of accomplishment even if your the only one that can see the difference. I love spring for this very reason, open windows, fresh air, a need to deep clean. What a satifying feeling.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home