Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I love the Fall!

This photo was taken at Spring Haven in Hobble Creek Canyon last Tuesday. Pretty, eh! I love this time of year. It is hard to fathom that it is already October 3rd! I have been a major blog slacker lately. Was it really August 20th since my last post??? Good friends and family provide subtle and not so subtle hints that I have been a slacker. So, here we go...

Life is just busy! I really have tried to stop saying how busy I am because EVERYONE is busy. The following is some of the things I have been up to...
1) Work
2) Cleaning house - I powerwashed our house on Saturday and it looks so amazing! I like our house again! In addition, I've scrubbed the floors on my hands and knees, ironed everything and all the other weekly stuff
3) Planning our trip next week to Boston and Maine
4) Planning our trip to Denver for the AF vs BYU game on the 28th. We are staying with Linda and her family...totally excited!
5) Planning our trip to Hawaii in November
6) Travis had a 3rd eye surgery early September. He is doing very well and the doctor is ecstatic with the results
7) Relief Society stuff - never ends
8)I've read a number of books. Just finished "The History of Love" and I am looking forward to our RBC discussion. Not sure what I think of it. Read a Baldacchi and a book called "Color of Light" which I blew through in 24 hours and liked a lot. Loved "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" and am sad I am going to miss that discussion because both book clubs are scheduled for tomorrow night.
9) My sisters Linda and Robyn came in to town a few weeks ago so it is always great to visit with them.
10) My former companion, Abby, came to visit me this past weekend. It was great to get caught up.
11) I've pulled my back AGAIN and am sitting here, typing this blog in major pain...ICK!!

So, that is about it for now. I am sure I missed tons of stuff since it has been so long. I will try to do better....really, I will! :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Collette, if it takes a pulled back to get you to sit down and blog, then I hope you do it more often. Is that selfish of me? OK, it is, and I really wouldn't want you to have to endure such excruciating back pain, but I'm glad that you've posted! You have been busy, and it sounds like it's not going to stop for a while. So many trips! Are they all for pleasure, or is some business mixed in there? I can't wait to see you tomorrow!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

What a gorgeous photo Collette, it makes me want to head down to Hobble Creek. What were you doing there?

I'm so sorry you threw your back out again, you really have more than your fair share of physical pain. I wish I could do something to help you. If you need a proxy for cleaning or anything I'm your girl.

Of course, you just power washed and scrubbed your house so I'm sure it's looking great, I guess I'll see it for myself tonight.

You've got so many trips coming up. I'm jealous you get to be in Boston and Maine during the fall. I hope you take a gazillion pictures.

I'm happy you posted again!

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so good to hear from you again, you've been missed.

Sorry to hear about your back and I hope all heals up before your planned trips.

2:04 AM  
Blogger jenn said...

I'm sorry about your back. It was SO fun to see you last night and I'm happy to read a post from you! Enjoy your trips- I look forward to hearing about Boston!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

I hope that your back is feeling better. You were pretty funny the other night.

Beautiful picture - did you take it?

8:53 PM  
Blogger collette said...

I did take this photo. I was up at Spring Haven in Hobble Creek Canyon for a retreat for work.

7:40 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Hmmm.. I wonder if the back problem could be related to all that scrubbing? Your photo is gorgeous -- I love this time of year!

Can't believe how many trips you guys have planned!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home