Thursday, February 16, 2006

Chronicles of Feeling Blah

Ok, so I thought I'd chronicle my sick day. You already know that I woke up feeling sick and decided to forgo the work thing. I stayed in bed until about 9ish. I came downstairs in my PJs and posted a blog entry. I then balanced our checkbook and paid some bills. I then checked out drugstore.com and found that they have an FSA store. They have compiled a list of all items that are approved expenses for Flexible Spending Accounts. Due to the fact I didn't have LASIK, I needed to spend about $200 before March 15th or I'd lose the money. I got a lot of things for our emergency medical kit plus miscellaneous healthcare items. I was pretty excited about finding this resource. I checked email and checked in at work (all fine, nothing falling apart due to my absence).
I finally took a shower at noon. I even shaved my legs and deep-conditioned my hair, activities normally saved for Saturdays. It helped me feel better. I read for awhile and then decided to watch/delete some of my taped DVR shows. Some Dr. Phil, some Oprah. I also went through my magazines (recycled a huge stack) and organized a drawer by my nightstand. I then caught up on my correspondence. My mom and Jilly checked in on me today. We had dinner (I had cottage cheese and tasty bell peppers) and Trav had burritos. Leftover night. I packed for our weekend to St. George. Oh, and I did three loads of laundry.
I feel better (2nd day of antibiotics) but I am still coughing and my throat is still sore. So that is it! I hate being sedentary thus the organizational type activities.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

That sounds like a good day to me. Wow, shaved legs and deep conditioned hair, not too shabby. I hope you get better quickly. I'm sure a long weekend in St. George will help, have fun.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Glad to hear you got so much done on your "sick" day. I didn't know you're gong to St. George this weekend. Enjoy the warm weather. I just got home and they said on the radio that it's 18 degrees outside. Burrrrrr!

10:36 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Good grief! You got all this done on a sick day?? This would be a great day for me any day of the year. I feel great when I get that much done in a single day, and it doesn't happen often! Hope you feel well for your getaway.

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you don't like being sedentary? really? Where's my wife?

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey bucko! Trav - do you really think I am lazy? When did you start reading my blog anyway??

11:19 AM  
Blogger jenn said...

sedentary is one of those big michelle words you all are so good at using! glad you did so much and hope you have a great time in St. George.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home