Monday, February 13, 2006

What to say?

I have the itch to write but not so sure what to say. Well, let's see where I go...

I had a good day at work. Mostly meetings. Trav and I had appointments with the eye doctor. No surgery yet for Trav. The doctor wanted Trav to try some new eye exercises and he'll return in 6 weeks. I received my 2nd opinion on the LASIK thing. Jury is out but more promising than the first doctor I saw. Speaking of jury, I have been released from jury selection for the third time in two months. Anyways, we ran some errands after our appointment and then we came home. I made a yummy dinner - chicken fajitas. I am still licking my lips! Afterwards, we had FHE. We listened to Elder Eyring's talk from General Conference in October. The message that I took away was that spiritual preparedness is not something you can store away or put on a shelf. It was the exact message that I had been thinking about the past few days. I have this drive to continue reading the Book of Mormon and be more thoughtful in my prayers. He stated that inconsistency and procrastination were the biggest hindrances to spiritual preparation. That rang true to me. I did a sharing time on Sunday in Primary on putting on the whole armor of God. It really is the same message as Elder Eyring's. For some reason, I had really struggled in my preparation but I felt that it ultimately went well. If I am being completely honest with myself, I would say that my struggle was whether or not I was clothed in the whole armor. I may have feet shod in the gospel of peace but maybe my breastplate of righteousness is a bit kinked or weakened. I truly want to be a good example to the children and teach with the spirit. I feel a resolve to make better choices and to focus on daily spiritual preparation.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I'm so impressed that you and Travis have Family Home Evening together. Thanks for sharing your lesson with me. I tend to go in spurts with my spiritual intake so that I'm thinking about it and reading a lot and then not much at all for days at a time. That's consistent with my all or nothing personality, so apparently my life's quest is to achieve a consistent balance in all areas, but especially this one.

11:46 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

I am so glad you wrote something! I have that feeling sometimes, that I don't know what to write but want to. Next time, I'll just write! It won't be as insightful as your Eyring comments though- thanks for sharing!

10:27 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

I feel like I am extremely inconsistent with spiritual preparedness, so what Elder Eyring said really rang true with me. I think it's largely laziness on my part. When will I just DO all the things I know will make me happier?

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home