Saturday, February 18, 2006

St. George Post 1

So we made it to St. George at about 9:00 last night. Uneventful drive. We stopped in Fillmore for dinner. It was a diner called "Larry's". I should have known! It took 25 minutes to get our food. I ordered a cheeseburger, no pickles and no onions. So, what did my burger have on it? Huge pickles and lots of chunky onions. So disappointing.
We are staying at the Ramada Inn by the Outlet Mall. It is very comfortable and centrally located. I woke up at 6 AM and couldn't sleep because of my cough. I went into the lobby area and read for about 45 minutes. I came back to the room and slept until 8:30. This hotel has a really good continental breakfast so that was yummy.
After getting ready for the day, we headed out to visit homes. I would say the overall theme this year in design is Tuscany. Lots of browns, yellows and greens. I also think that most of the homes we visited had a lot of wasted space. Who wants a 1.5 million dollar home with only 3 bedrooms? I believe all the homes had pools and outdoor grill areas. Most also had outdoor fireplaces/pits which is a great addition. We hit 7 homes today and we'll pick up about the same number on Monday.
I know some people don't like to go to the Parade because they don't like coming home to what they own. After all the years we have done this, I don't believe I have ever felt that way. I like my house because it is "home" to us. We still enjoy being legal voyeurs though!
We spent a brief time at the Outlet, but didn't buy anything. I remember when it was the place to shop, but it has gone downhill. Finally, we went to Ruby River for dinner and it was delicious! I love their cinnamon yam and the steak was perfectly seasoned!
Until tomorrow...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

So glad you're having fun, are you feeling any better though? I hate having a cough, it's annoying and painful.

I know what you mean about the Parade of Homes. I've only gone once, but I was disgusted. The houses were so over-the-top that after awhile it wasn't even fun anymore. It seemed gluttonous to me. I don't yearn for things like that. Of course, I want nice things and home of our own, but not a mansion full of wasted space just for show. I love being home, even if it's my tiny one.

12:24 AM  
Blogger jenn said...

Sorry you are still sick Collette! But, without Larry, it sounds like a great trip! I'm jealous! Kelly and I LOVE going to the parade of homes! We love to see the clever ways people use spaces, decorating ideas, floor plans... a lot is over the top, but it is fun to see and pull the best ideas for our future mansion- all 2300 square feet of it!

8:42 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

Sounds like you're having a good time. I'm glad you can come home and still love your own home -- it's just no fun to yearn for things you cannot have! Are you reading anything?

5:11 PM  
Blogger Bexrex said...

Glad you had a good time, Sister B. Hope you feel better. As a matter f fact, we're re-doing our garage in this years' Tuscany colors!

(but I kid you):)

Hope you feel better. Take monday off.

John

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home