Monday, February 20, 2006

St. George Post II - The End


I love coming home! We had a great time in St. George but there is nothing like coming home!

Sunday: We neglected to take church clothes so we tried to make up for slacking. We read our scriptures. We napped, read, and watched "Work and the Glory." (Doesn't that make up for not going to church??) We drove out to Apple Valley where my father had just sold some property. It is about ten miles from the infamous Colorado City (polygamous community). It was a cold but beautiful day.

Monday: We got up this morning to another cold day. We visited 6 more homes. The above photo was taken at a 10,723 square foot/$5.3 million dollar home. This was one of two pools. It was quite the home. I think there were at least 10 televisions throughout the house. Notice in the 2nd photo, a "TV appears as if out of nowhere" (that is a Friends reference). I have never seen a TV embedded in a bathroom mirror. Wow! Most of the homes today were in the Anasazi/Southwest genre. Not our favorite style but interesting nonetheless.

Overall, great trip!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

That house is the kind of crazy gluttony I can't handle. When I looked at the pool I didn't even realize it was a pool, I thought you guys went hiking or something.

7:40 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Glad you had a good trip, and glad you are home! I too thought that was just some outdoor locale you were visiting...

10:54 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Sounds like a nice trip. Too bad it was cold in St. George. It would have been nice to get away from that, too. But it couldn't have been as cold as it was here this weekend. I didn't relize this was something that you do frequently. Do you guys go to the St. George Parade of Homes every year? Am I totally out of the loop?

1:50 PM  
Blogger collette said...

We go every year to the Utah County Parade and about every other year to the one in St. George. We really enjoy it! :)

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's the hot guy in the mirror? Call the National Guard because they probably want their guns back.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home