Saturday, October 07, 2006

Go Cougs!

We had the fun opportunity to sit in one of the President's loges at the BYU vs. SDSU football game today. We were invited by the Athletic Department to sit in these climate-controlled, indoor, soft-seated (you know I love that!), tv watching, free snacking loges. We highly recommend these accommodations! We had a blast - oh yeah, the game was fun to watch as well! Score: BYU 47 SDSU 17. Yahoo!!

Prior to the game, we went to the Admission Services tailgate party. We enjoyed yummy food and Cosmo stopped by (see photo).

It was such a gorgeous fall day. Although we had much to do to get ready for our Boston/Maine trip, we are so glad we went. My back is mostly better. I pray it will be okay for the trip.

Oh, we rode the elevator up with Hartman Rector Jr and down with Elder Richard G. Scott. We also saw Elder Nelson, President Samuelson and LaVell Edwards. Yeah - we felt part of "the club" if only for the day.

I am going to attempt to blog during our trip and hopefully provide a taste of Boston and Maine during leaf peeping season!!

4 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

That photo is too cute. Look at you all hobnobbing with the in crowd! I hope your back is better and your travel is relatively pain-free.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Look at you two in your BYU blue hob-nobbing with Cosmo and various General Authorities.

I'm excited to see pictures from your trip and I hope all goes well, especially with your back and Travis' blood sugar levels.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Wow! How fun!!!! I'm glad that both of your jobs have such great perks.

Have fun on your trip! Be safe! I hope that your back feels better.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Wow, Collette, two blog posts so close together. You'd better watch out. We're going to start having expecations!

How fun to be able to be part of the BYU "inner circle" at the football game. There's something so decadent about sitting in such luxurious accomodations at a sporting event. We used to have a connection for box seats at Jazz games. It was really the best! If they weren't so expensive I'd be begging Jeremy to get a box for Doba--that's how much fun I think they are.

How many days till your trip? I hope your back holds out and doesn't give you any trouble, especially when you have such long plane trips ahead of you. Good luck, and I look forward to seeing your pictures from the road!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home