Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Aloha!


The week of November 5th was spent in beautiful Hawaii. We had great weather with only the first day being a bit muggy.

Most of the time (for me) was spent lazing around the pool and reading. Trav attended his conference and conducted a session on attracting and admitting homeschoolers.

We climbed Diamond Head. I must admit that we were totally unprepared for the climb. I had flipflops and Trav was wearing Crocs. We had one small water bottle between us and a Halloween size bag of sweettarts (for the low blood sugar). Luckily, we were fine and the view was worth it (top photo). I couldn't resist taking a pic of my feet. This photo was taken at the peak. I was seriously the only one wearing this type of footwear. That is what I mean by being unprepared. If you look closely, you can see a blister on the right side of my right foot. Pretty pedicure, no?

We spent some time on Waikiki Beach and enjoyed strolling up and down the beach.

We also visited the Dole Plantation and enjoyed the drive through Laie and the North Shore. Do you see how huge our pineapple split was? It was refreshing and yummy. I forget how much I love fresh pineapple

Not a lot of driving (yeah) and true relaxation was the theme of this trip.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Relaxing by the pool. How decadent! Your trip sounds great. I can't wait to hear more!

3:25 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

I love the theme of the trip. And you do have a beautiful pedicure! What were you guys doing making that hike with no proper footwear? you crazy kids...

8:25 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Welcome back to blogging world! I did a double take when I saw that you had updated.

I'm glad your trip was relaxing and fun (except for the blister of course). Your pedicure looks marvelous. I look forward to hearing about the rest of the trip in person.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! Your trips sound wonderful. It's great to see pixs of you and Trav again. I feel like I'm a part of your life when I read your blog.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Bond Girl 007 said...

oh my gosh...how fun! how exciting...your pedicure looks marvelous...you are funny! that pineapple looks yummy! I love pineapple!

1:25 AM  
Blogger Bexrex said...

Enough of this schmushy stuff! I wanna see the Jag!!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home