Tuesday, February 27, 2007

On being sick

Travis and I have been fighting a cold for about a week. He stayed home from work, but I tried to make it. I lasted until 10:30! I came home, hoping I wouldn't throw up in the truck. I made it home and crashed on the bed. I am not sure if I took off my shoes! I slept until 1:00 and then went back to sleep at 3:30 and finally woke up at 5:00. I hope I will be able to sleep tonight.

We have been lazying around this evening. I had some RS stuff I had to do and I checked my work email. I really feel like a slug. I haven't been to the gym since Friday. I miss it!! I hope to be able to go back tomorrow morning. I do feel different when I don't go. To keep you updated, I have kept up my pace. We go to the gym (still) at 5:00 AM 4-5 times a week. Loss of poundage, no. But, I feel more invigorated throughout the day. The next step is certainly to work on what I eat. That is actually a lot harder for me than the early exercising. I love candy and carbs.

So, hmmm...What else? Travis and I went to Denver over the President's Day weekend. My sweet niece, Lindsay, asked Travis to baptize her. She also asked if I'd give a talk on the gift of the Holy Ghost. We were thrilled to be a part of her special day. It was great visiting with their family.

Here is to good health and getting back to the gym!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I'm sorry you guys are both sick, that's the pits. It sounds like you got some quality sleeping in so hopefully that will put you and the road to wellness.

I'm so impressed with your early-morning gym attendance, it's the early that kicks my butt.

12:04 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

I am SO sorry you two are sick! There is definitely a lot going around! One of the 1st grade classes had 10 kids out with something or other.
Hope you are feeling better.
SO very impressed with your gym attendance. I agree though- giving up or even limiting carbs and treats is way harder than working in the exercise!

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home