Monday, February 05, 2007

Renegade Book Club has a FAN CLUB!!!

I was delighted to arrive home from a long day at work and see a box marked "Good Mail from Melanie" on the porch. My first thought went right to the "Melanie" who recently commented on my blog for the first time. I then thought..."that is crazy! why would Melanie, whom I have never met, send a package to my house???" (I need to back up - the box was addressed to Collette and Book Club.) So, I was thrilled to be the one to open the box and see SIX SETS of this fun treat! Sorry the photo is so blurry!!!

As you can see, it is a delicious Cadbury chocolate with 5 darling Paris magnets. I called Jill right away and we debated whether to blog about this fun treat right away or wait until Wednesday when we get together for Book Club. Sorry to blow the surprise for you Renegaders, but we wanted to thank Melanie for her sweet gift! What a fun surprise!!! I guess we have our first official fan club member!

8 Comments:

Blogger jenn said...

What the heck!! Are you serious?! That is SO amazing! I am dying to meet Melanie- for many reasons. That is such a generous thing to do... I am so stunned! Is it Wednesday yet?

7:50 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

This is just the sweetest thing ever! How observant of Melanie to notice that we meet for book club at your house every month. I can't believe she sent us these cute things. I love it!

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so cool- Melanie is such a sweetie. Everyone is envious of your group- but I didn't realize a fan club was in order. So do I contact Melanie to sign up?

2:47 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

How sweet is that! I can't wait for the little extra treat at book club tomorrow. If there was any way to make me look forward to going more--that's it!

3:21 PM  
Blogger melanie said...

Confession time, I emailed Michelle on the sly about the when and where of your book club! I only wish my memory were that good!

I'm glad you like them. I had gotten in a place in my life where I didn't think I had time to read (something I love to do). I kept reading about your book club and your busy lives and knew I could make the time too. Thanks for not knowing it but getting me back into reading!

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun is that?! I secretly want to be in your book club too, you all have such a wonderful relationship.

5:21 AM  
Blogger everything pink! said...

seriously that is amazing.
she may start something because i think we all wish we were in your book club maybe we will all start sending things.

6:11 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

I'm glad I didn't see this post before book club night! I did so well keeping the secret, I guess you and Jill aren't as good at delayed gratification! (HA!)

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home