Sunday, April 01, 2007

Is it really April already???

Seriously, where did March go??? In a nutshell, March passed so quickly because of all the changes we made to our house. After talking about painting the interior for at least two years, we finally hired a contractor and had it done. I don't know about you, but the money/paint color/who to trust in a contractor decision(s) kind of freak me out. I was lamenting this very thing at the beginning of March with some of my co-workers while at lunch. The next thing I know, my associate is chatting with his son who is a Kwal paint outside salesman. The son provided two references and I had a contractor giving me a bid less than 16 hours later! We chose the first one we called and he started 4 days later. He said he'd be done in 6 days and he was. We had all of the living areas, ceiling, my office, moldings and doors painted. As you can see, a stark difference. I know the first picture isn't really a fair "before" photo since most everything was taken down by the time I took the picture. You can see I was having trouble deciding on the color.


Since the paint job was completed, we have cleaned every nook and cranny and rid ourselves of a lot of junk. I enjoyed CHOOSING what would go back in our space. Very enjoyable! We also purchased a new black dining table and just yesterday, my mother and I picked out the fabric for the front window drapery. We also took down a ceiling fan and my dad walked me through stringing it up. I didn't even get shocked once! I added a light kit to a celing fan in the basement and,... There is still much to do, but we are finding joy in our new home.


Besides the house, both Travis and I have been busy professionally. I have had three Administrative positions that I have had to fill. It is Student Employee Appreciation week this week so the Administrative staff provided a dessert bar for the students on Friday. This photo is all the students names. We employ over 100 students! I really do enjoy my job and like the people with whom I work!

I also had my RBC birthday party on March 17th. We had a brunch at Amy's with DELICIOUS breakfast foods. My favorite meal is breakfast so I truly feasted. The book that was made for me brought me to tears. My mom read it and was so thrilled and grateful that I have friends like these. I, too, am so very blessed to have such wonderful, thoughtful and creative friends. I am so looking forward to our trip together to Paris in less than 25 days!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

March flew by for me too and I have no home improvements to show for it. Perhaps it's the countdown to Paris because that's panicking me.

I'm always so pleasantly surprised when you post something. Your house turned out beautifully, it's really a warm, cozy place to be. I'm so glad you were able to get that done, I know you'd wanted to do it for a long time.

2:12 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

I don't know how I missed this post Collette- I haven't been commenting but I have been checking most the blogs the last week or two. Sorry.

Love your catch up, your new paint (so cozy!), your birthday brunch (much needed!) and Paris with you! Can't believe the countdown is on!!

12:31 PM  
Blogger melanie said...

What an amazing difference! I love it, it does look so cozy. Great idea to only put back in what you want and to dejunk at the same time!

March went fast here too and it is 1/3 of the way through April. Yikes, it will be summer before I know it! Can't believe your countdown is coming to an end. Exciting!!

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home