Thursday, April 19, 2007

Lesson of the Day: Think before you speak!

Have you ever heard something come out of your mouth and thought, “why in the world did I say that??” I remember one instance, probably 10 years ago, when I said something so stupid that I still remember the details. I won’t go into it, but the moment is seared into my brain. I reflect back on that incident whenever I say something stupid – I swore I would stop making the same mistake. Sadly, I even pray (every day!) for help to think before I speak. Argh!

If you know me well, you know that I obsess over things I can’t control. Usually, my obsessive nature is triggered at 5:02PM on a Friday or in the middle of the night – when I can’t do a darn thing about the issue! Something flew out of my mouth yesterday at work. I realized what I said may have been hurtful, but it was too late to do anything about it. It haunted my dreams last night. Boy, am I melodramatic today!! Anyway, here is the lesson for the day – think before you speak!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Bexrex said...

I'll be ok. With counseling and a few weeks to myself, I'll right as rain!

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious. I was thinking this very same thing this afternoon while I was driving to my x-ray . . . and then sitting and waiting for the doctor . . . and then while I was brushing my teeth. I thought back to our lunch conversation and the fact that I actually repeated the "naughty" words they were talking about on Oprah. Why did I say the full word? Couldn't I have just have mentioned "the naughty words they were talking about on Oprah" or just referred to it as the "b-word" and "h-word" in the spirit of original "naughty word that shall be known only by its first letter." Why did I have to say them . . . twice? Wince. Grimace. Obsess.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Of course I'm dying to know what you said.

8:11 AM  
Blogger jenn said...

I'm dying to know what you said too! Love your friend who repeated "naughty words" from Oprah...

I definitely wish I was better at thinking first!

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home