Monday, May 28, 2007

Celebrating Mom & Holiday Weekend Recap

I know I am 2 weeks behind, but I wanted my mom to know how much she means to me! My parents left this past Thursday to go to Europe. They will be gone until late June. I miss her already! My mom sees the best in me and forgets the rest! This photo was taken on our mother/daughter day out at California Pizza Kitchen and manicure/pedicures at Remedez spa.

Memorial Day weekend: Mostly stayed busy around the house. We braved the IKEA crowds on Friday evening. We spent about three hours there with a stop in the restaurant and ate Swedish meatballs - pretty good.

The store has only been opened a few days, but they were out of one piece to the craft desk I purchased. It looks like one more week before they get it in. We bought two bookshelves for the office/craft room. We assembled those and rearranged the room as best we could without the desk. I am loving it already! We also cleaned the grill, cleaned the patio furniture and spent a lot of time working on other house projects. All in all, Trav and I both agreed it was a pretty good holiday weekend. If only the Jazz can hang on tonight...


4 Comments:

Blogger jenn said...

I hope the Jazz score didn't ruin your productive and nice holiday! We layed tile for our holiday- yippee!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

I can't believe you guys braved IKEA already, I guess I hate crowds too much to do that yet, though I'm very anxious to go there.

I'm excited for all these changes at your place.

What a great compliment for your mom to have you say that she sees the best and forgets the rest, I wish I could say that about my mom!!

9:00 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

Wow! You already have purchased and assembled things from the new IKEA? I can't wait to see your room. Sounds like you guys got a lot done preparing for summer, perfect use of the Memorial Day weekend.

I agree, a wonderful compliment you paid your mother!

4:56 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

I can't wait to see your craft room!

I love your mom. Happy late birthday to her.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home