Sunday, May 20, 2007

Weekend Recap - 92nd post

We had a pretty fun weekend. We watched BYU beat the Utes (always a good time) in baseball on Friday night. It ended with a walkoff homer by Leon Johnson. We had front row seats behind the Cougs dugout. We were surrounded by students taking seats that didn't belong to them. They were constantly being asked to vacate when the real ticket holders showed up. Don't know why that bugged me so bad. Actually, I think it was the entitlement attitude that bugged me. I found myself with some internal eye rolls throughout the night. One funny story was about this girl who sat next to me. She was very chatty to her friends sitting around her. She leaned over to the guy sitting next to her and said, "are you normally this quiet?" I laughed at the guy's response..."No" was all he said. Seriously a very funny moment. I also found myself leaning over to Trav and asking reassurance that he would never leave me. Besides ALL the many real reasons about why that would be oh so very bad, I'd just HATE to date again.
Saturday was spent driving around the valley looking at the Parade of Homes. We started at house #1 in Woodland Hills and worked through #8. We enjoyed what we saw, but I love coming home and feeling content and happy with our home. Is it exactly what we want? No, but we love it nonetheless. We got movie popcorn and spent the rest of the night in.

Today was filled with church activities and responsibilities. I was able to sleep in which felt great. I had to take a Tylenol with codeine so I could sit through church. I had another cortisone shot on Friday but it hasn't taken affect yet. Oh, how I hope it works! The airplane ride home from Paris did me in. I made some visits to some new sisters this evening and uploaded some photos for our very large bare wall in our kitchen. We got our shaker display cabinet this past week so now we can finish decorating the kitchen. Very exciting!!
Tomorrow brings a new day. There has been a bit of a shake-up at work. My former boss was appointed to a new position within the university and so I now have a new boss. My department is even getting a new name. We have lost some employees to other departments and have gained a few. This will keep me pretty busy, but I say...bring it on!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I'm impressed that your attitude is "bring it on" that's the perfect way to approach work and life.

I didn't know you guys were getting a new display cabinet for your kitchen, I hope you post pictures soon. I love home improvements, especially when they involve new furniture!

I would have been bugged by the students at the baseball game as well. It cracks me up that you rolling your eyes internally.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

We decided to skip the Parade of Homes this year. Although I love my house, I do not love it's mostly unfurnished state, so the parade just breeds discontent for me. Besides, lately I've felt like downsizing, and the Parade seems to promote upsizing, getting something bigger and better than is needed. Usually I don't mind, I like looking, but I was so not in the mood this year!

I hope you start to feel better soon. What a bummer--no pun intended! ;0

I hate when people do not sit in their assigned seat. They make it awkward for the true ticket holder, and it's disruptive to everyone else. Sheesh. Students. Why are they so dumb?

6:50 AM  
Blogger jenn said...

Oh, I hear you when it comes to never wanting to date again!

Students in general annoy me these days :)

Glad you enjoyed the Parade of Homes, usually I do too. But, the desire for a new house is SO strong, I didn't dare torture myself with bigger and better than we can afford OR worse yet, finding the perfect house in the half a million dollar range (which is not my range!!).

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home