Friday, February 24, 2006

Ready for the Weekend

Take two steps forward, one step back. That is the story of my life it seems. That statement has so many applications. One example is that I pray each day that I will "think before I speak." Not that I am a gossip, but I want to be assured that no one will be hurt by things I say. I'm just glad that I get to start over every day.

Another example where this statement rings true is that I will love my job and everything that I am doing and then some days I just struggle. Today happened to be one of those days. There is no way I'd share details on this blog but it feels good to admit "publicly" that today was a not so great day. Sometimes I wonder if I am allowed bad days. I think most people would be clueless to my bad day 'cause I can hide it quite well but I should think I am allowed one bad day every so often (that is my "one step back" reference).
I am just glad today is Friday. We have no set plans for the weekend except a haircut for me, clean the house, and finish up our taxes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I feel like that all the time, it's mighty frustrating but seems to be the way of it. I hope you'll share the details at book club next week, hee.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

You only take two steps back? I sometimes feel that I slide so far back on any progress that I make--it's more like 10 steps back! Im sorry you had a bad day today. Of course you're allowed a bad day every once in a while. We all are. Think of it as a part of the quest for perfection. Not every day is perfect, but we can work at perfecting how we handle them. Trust me, nobody I know has managed to do that yet. Happy weekend!

9:42 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Why would you question whether you are allowed to have a bad day? To me, it has nothing to do with being allowed, it just happens! Sometimes it's completely out of your control. I liked what you said about being able to start over each day. You also reminded me of something my grandma always says: she prays every day to be able to keep her mouth shut! This is to avoid offending anyone, but also she says that she doesn't need to say EVERYTHING. It makes me laugh. Hope your weekend is good and you can spill all on Tuesday!

1:55 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

Hope you are enjoying your weekend with no real demands and reading like crazy for bookclub on Tuesday- oh yeah, that's me that has to read like crazy! You're probably finished! :)

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home